If you do not have insurance or need financial assistance, please visit or call the Financial Clearance Department at +1-563-332-2211. We have many different payment plans and financial assistance options, and our financial counselors will work with you to determine if you are eligible for medical assistance or self-pay discounts.
What Is A Deductible?
A deductible is a fixed amount of money you have to pay before most, if not all, of the policy's benefits can be enjoyed. If your policy carries a deductible the patient will be responsible for the total cost of services until the deductible is met. With a few companies, some, if not all services performed within our office are not subject to your deductible. It is best to verify with your insurance company in advance to see if services are subject or not subject to deductible.
What Is A Co-Insurance?
A co-insurance is a percentage of a provider's charge that you may be required to pay after you've met your deductible. When you have met your deductible you will have to pay co-insurance until you reach your out of pocket maximum. After that, the insurance company will pay for all covered services to the policy maximum for the remainder of the year.
I Have Medicare/Medicaid/Meridian Medicaid HMO. What Is Covered or Not Covered?
Medicare and Medicare Replacement policies (AARP, Humana, Coventry Advantra, etc.) have limited chiropractic benefits. Medicare and Medicare Replace policies will pay for manipulations of the spine (adjustments) only.
Examinations, X-Rays, Physiotherapy (Electrical Stimulation, Ultrasound, Traction, etc.), Extremity adjustments (Hands, Feet, Arms, Legs, Ribs, etc.), and what Medicare or the Medicare Replacement plan may deem maintenance care are not covered services. By law, an examination is required to receive treatment.
Every patient will be asked to sign an Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN). The ABN informs you in advance that Medicare is not likely to pay for the procedure or service, and that you will be responsible for payment. By signing the ABN, you are indicating that you understand and are willing to proceed with the procedure. You will then receive a bill for payment of the service(s) provided.
You can agree to be financially responsible for the procedure by signing the ABN form, or you can refuse the services. If you refuse a service (most notably your initial examination) treatment may be terminated immediately by the Doctor.
Note on Medicare Supplement Plans:
If a Medicare supplement plan follows ‘Medicare Guidelines’, this means that any services not paid by Medicare will not be paid by the Medicare Supplement Policy. If you have any questions on your supplement policy, please contact your insurance company.
Medicaid (Title 19) and Amerigroup (Iowa Medicaid HMO) has limited chiropractic benefits. Medicaid will pay for manipulations of the spine (adjustments) and one set of x-rays of the spine per calendar year only.
Examinations, Physiotherapy (Electrical Stimulation, Ultrasound, Traction, etc.), Extremity adjustments (Hands, Feet, Arms, Legs, Ribs, etc.), and what Medicaid may deem maintenance care are not covered services. By law, an examination is required to receive treatment. The cost of the examination and any co-pay will be paid at the time of service. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Examinations, some forms of Physiotherapy (Ultrasound, Traction, etc.) and Extremity adjustments (Hands, Feet, Arms, Legs, Ribs, etc.), and what Meridian may deem maintenance care are not covered services. By law, an examination is required to receive treatment. The cost of the examination and any co-pay will be paid at the time of service. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Arndt Chiropractic Center only accepts Iowa Medicaid and Amerigroup (Iowa Medicaid HMO).
If I have a Health Savings Account (H.S.A), will it pay for chiropractic services?
Yes, a health savings account will pay for services covered within our office. It is best to verify before your first visit your account balance so you know what funds are available. We are more than happy to print off a statement at any time for you if there are any questions from your account administrator.
To Limit Your Out of Pocket Expense, We are In-Network Providers for the Following Insurances:
*If you do not see your insurance carrier, please call us!
- AARP Medicare Complete administered by UnitedHealthcare
- Aetna: Aetna Affordable Health Choices ® limited benefits plan (SRC only), Aetna Choices ® POS II (Aetna HealthFund®), Aetna Choices ® POS II (Open Access), Aetna Select(SM) (OpenAccess), Aetna Whole Health(SM)- MW Comm. Health Solutions, Aetna Whole Health(SM)-Virginia OAMC, Behavioral Healthcare Program, Open Access Aetna Select(SM) (Aetna HealthFund ®), Open Choice® PPO, Open Choice® PPO(Aetna Healthfund®)
- American Chiropractic Network administered by OptumHealth
- Amerigroup (Iowa Medicaid HMO only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: PPO, Alliance Select PPO, Wellmark Blue PPO, Wellmark Blue POS, Blue Rewards POS, Classic Blue Indemnity, Senior Blue, Federal Employee Program (FEP), Blue Card Network (Anthem, Highmark, BCBS of IL, etc.), GeoBlue, Blue Access HMO*, HAWK-I Blue Access HMO*, Blue Advantage HMO*, Wellmark Blue HMO*, Blue Choice POS*
- *HMO Patients are in-network with Dr. Arndt only
- Butler Benefits
- Cerner Health Plan
- Cigna: Open Access Plus, OA Plus, Choice Fund OA Plus, Choice Fund A Plus with CareLink, PPO, Choice Fund PPO, First Great West Health
- Coventry Health Care
- Foreign Service Benefit Plan administered by Aetna
- Iowa Medicaid
- Mail Handlers' Benefit Plan/Rural Handlers Benefit Plan administered by Coventry Healthcare
- Medicare Supplement Plans
- Midland’s Choice Network
- Quad Cities Community Healthcare
- UnitedHealthcare (John Deere Benefit Plan): Care Plus, Care Plus Max, Premier
- UnitedHealthcare of the River Valley (Former John Deere Health Plan)**: Heritage Choice, Heritage Choice Standard, Heritage Plus/Heritage EPO, Heritage Premier, Heritage Select, Heritage Select Advantage, UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete (HMO SNP), UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete Preferred (HMO SNP)
**Please note: Policies with UnitedHealthcare are either administered by OptumHealth or by the plan itself. Some policies have coverage for radiology services only. It is STRONGLY ADVISED to confirm with UnitedHealthcare before your first visit to make sure which entity is handling your chiropractic coverage and what your policy does and does not cover.
Automobile Accidents: We Accept Insurance Claims From the Following Companies:
*If you do not see your insurance carrier, please call us!
- Allied/Nationwide Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Auto Owners Insurance
- Celina Insurance
- Country Insurance
- EMC Insurance
- Farmer's Insurance
- Farm Bureau Insurance
- Iowa Mutual Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Pekin Insurance
- State Farm
- Shelter Insurance
- Traveler's Insurance
We Also Accept:
- Cash with flexible payment plans
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Personal Check, Travelers’ Checks, Money Order
- CareCredit Financing
- Flex spending, HRA or HSA accounts
- Personal Injury (PIP)
- Workers Compensation
THE LIST IS CONSTANTLY GROWING AND WE WILL UPDATE YOU AS IT GROWS!